Review against the assessment result
- If there is a substantial change to the family and financial circumstances after the submission of the 2021/22 FASP application form, which you consider may significantly affect the support that you may obtain from the family; and/or you have sufficient grounds / justifications for adjusting the amount of financial assistance offered, you may apply to the SFO for a review of the level of financial assistance within the following deadline. Each applicant may only request a review once for each academic year.
whichever is later.
- within 3 weeks from the date of issue of the notification of result; or
- on or before 31 March 2022
- The completed "Application Form for Review under FASP" (Online Form / Paper Form), together with detailed justifications and relevant supporting documents, should be submitted to the Appeal Registry of the FASP of the SFO.
- In general, you will be notified of the review result within 10 weeks from the date of the SFO's acknowledging receipt of the application for review. However, the processing time of the application for review will be longer if the information provided is incomplete and the SFO requires you to give an explanation or provide supplementary information.
Review against the rejection of application
- Paragraph 4 in Part I of the Guidance Notes has clearly stipulated that if the applicant fails to report / provide the required information / supporting document(s) in the application form at the time of submitting the application, and the information / supporting document(s) is only reported / provided upon the SFO’s enquiry, this would be treated as a misrepresentation and / or an omission in the application. The SFO has the authority to reject the application.
- If your application has been rejected due to omission / misrepresentation of information, you may lodge an application for review in writing by completing the "FASP - Application for Review Against Rejection Form" within 3 weeks from the date of the rejection letter. Please state clearly the reasons (e.g. the reasons for the omission / understatement, any special family hardship) with proof if applicable. The review will be considered by the Review Sub-Committee (RSC). Read More
Authentication and Counter-checking
- To verify the truthfulness and completeness of the information supplied, the SFO has a mechanism to counter-check successful applications, which may be in the form of home visits, bank search or other means. Read More
- If you and your family members are found to have seriously omitted / understated their family income and / or assets after completion of the counter-checking exercise, the SFO will issue warning letters to you and / or demand you to refund partially / fully the financial assistance already awarded to you. Depending on the gravity of omission, the SFO may institute court proceedings against you and your family members.
- If there is overpayment due to erroneous calculation or assessment, you are required to refund the overpaid amount immediately upon demand (including amounts that may have been overpaid in previous academic years) and, if necessary, forfeit the amount that may be payable.