- The ENLS operates on a full-cost recovery basis. Interest rate is set at the Government’s no-gain-no-loss rate
which is currently set at 3.813% below the average best lending rate (BLR) of the note-issuing banks, plus a risk-adjusted factor which seeks to cover the Government’s risk in disbursing unsecured loan. Please view the prevailing ENLS interest rate. Read More
- Interest is accrued upon loan drawdown and throughout the study period until the loan is repaid in full.
- An administrative fee, to cover the full costs of processing and administering the ENLS loan, is chargeable for each application and each loan account . Administrative fee paid is neither refundable nor transferable and is subject to review regularly. Read More
- You are required to pay an administrative fee annually until the ENLS loan(s) and interest accrued thereon are fully repaid. Read More
- Take note of the charging arrangement for administrative fee. Repayment of the ENLS loan in one lump sum on or before 30 November can save administrative fee for the ensuing academic year.
- Please pay the administrative fee in cash (HK$ 260 or HK$ 180) (i) to the SFO’s bank account at any branch of the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC): account number is 044-171635-001. You should keep the original bank transaction advice / account deposit form after payment, and then write your name and Hong Kong Identity Card Number on the back of the transaction advice / account deposit form; OR (ii) transfer the administrative fee to the SFO's bank account through automatic teller machines (ATM) of HSBC
- You can choose one of the following methods to pay the administrative fee (HK$ 260 or HK$ 180) before the submission of ENLS application to the SFO:
- Pay the administrative fee in cash to the SFO’s bank account (bank code: 004, account number: 044-171635-001) at any branch of the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC); or
- Transfer the administrative fee to the SFO’s bank account through automatic teller machines (ATM) of HSBC. Please choose "Transfer" service, key in the account number “044-171635-001”and the amount to be transferred, and then press “Yes” for “Do you need to take a transaction advice?”.
- You should submit the copy of bank transaction advice / account deposit form / ATM transaction advice (collectively called the “payment proof") after payment for the administrative fee together with your ENLS application. Please write your English full name and HKID card number on the front side of the original payment proof before making the copy and submitting it to SFO. Please keep the original payment proof for the administrative fee paid properly and consider making an extra photocopy for your own record. The SFO may request you to produce the original copy of administrative fee payment proof. In case of any dispute, the decision of the SFO will be final.
- Please note that if you fail to submit the original payment proof upon request, you have to apply for a bank statement from HSBC showing the transaction concerned. Payment by cheque or PPS is NOT accepted.
- If you fail to submit the original transaction advice / receipt during your submission of ENLS loan application, you have to apply for a bank statement from the bank showing the transaction concerned. Payment by cheque or PPS is NOT acceptable.
- Please view the administrative fees payable in the 2021/22 academic year by eligible students.
administrative fees payable
||On each application
|Students of :
- University Grants Committee (UGC)-funded Institutions *
- Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (IVE) and Hong Kong Design Institute under the Vocational Training Council
||The amount covers an administrative fee of HK$180 payable to the Government and a one-off handling charge of HK$80 for each application payable to your institution
|Students of :
- Hong Kong Metropolitan University (including Li Ka Shing School of Professional and Continuing Education)
- The Schools of Professional and Continuing Education of UGC-funded Institutions / other member institutions under the Vocational Training Council
- Diploma Yi Jin
- Other Eligible Institutions/Course Providers
*UGC-funded Institutions include the University of Hong Kong, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong Baptist University, City University of Hong Kong, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Lingnan University and the Education University of Hong Kong.