The Sir Edward Youde Memorial Scholarships for Overseas Studies aim at financing outstanding students for overseas undergraduate studies. They are expected to contribute significantly to the development of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Hong Kong) after graduation.
- Applicants must:
- be permanent residents of Hong Kong;
- have received at least five years of continuous full-time education in Hong Kong;
- fulfill all application procedures and admission requirements at the institution of their choices and be offered places subsequently; and
- be proficient in English and Chinese, and have a good mastery of the language in which their studies will be undertaken.
- For further details, please refer to the Information Note of the application year.
The maximum is HK$280,000 per year. The Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund Council may adjust downward the value by taking into account the actual university fees, necessary living expenses and other award(s) held concurrently by the scholar(s) to finance their overseas studies.
The study programme should only commence within one year after the formal announcement of the selection result, which would normally take place in around the next April that follows the closing date of application. During the application period, application forms can be downloaded from the Student Finance Office’s (SFO) webpage, or obtained from SFO, or the Trust Funds and Temples Joint Secretariat. Completed forms must be returned to the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund Council Secretariat before the closing date.
Commencement Date: July
Closing Date: September
(Note: All the above information is for reference only. Details will be announced when the awards are open for applications.)
I understand that the duration of award for scholarships is up to three years. Will special arrangement be available if I pursue a 4-year degree course, say in USA?+ Read Answer
If I am currently pursuing a study programme outside Hong Kong, am I still eligible to apply for the Fellowship / Scholarship awards?+ Read Answer
Enquiries should be made to the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund Council Secretariat, Room 1217, 12/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon at telephone number 2150 6097 or 2150 6098.