The Sir Edward Youde Memorial Overseas Fellowship / Scholarship for Disabled Students is suspended with effect from July 2016 until further notice.
The Sir Edward Youde Memorial Overseas Fellowship / Scholarship for Disabled Students aims at financing outstanding disabled students for overseas postgraduate or undergraduate studies. They are expected to contribute significantly to the development of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Hong Kong) after graduation.
- Applicants must:
- be permanent residents of Hong Kong;
- have received at least seven and five years of continuous full-time education in Hong Kong for fellowship and scholarship respectively;
- hold good Honours degrees obtained in Hong Kong or equivalent qualifications OR expect to obtain such degrees or equivalent qualifications (applicable for fellowship applicants only);
- fulfill all application procedures and admission requirements at the institution of their choices and be offered places subsequently;
- have a good mastery of the language in which their studies will be undertaken; and
- have special educational needs and/or mental health needs as referred to in the Hong Kong Rehabilitation Programme Plan released by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government (including those having physical disabilities, visual impairment, hearing impairment, speech and language impairment, attention deficit / hyperactivity disorders, specific learning difficulties, autism spectrum disorders, intellectual disabilities and/or mental health needs).
- For further details, please refer to the Information Note of the application year.
The maximum value of award are HK$300,000 and HK$280,000 for fellowship and scholarship respectively per year. The Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund Council may adjust downward the value by taking into account the actual university fees, necessary living expenses and other award(s) held concurrently by the fellow / scholar to finance his/her overseas studies.
The study programme should only commence within one year after the formal announcement of the selection result, which would normally take place in around the next April that follows the closing date of application. During the application period, application forms can be downloaded from the Student Finance Office's (SFO) webpage, or obtained from SFO, or the Trust Funds and Temples Joint Secretariat. Completed forms must be returned to the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund Council Secretariat before the closing date.
I understand that the duration of award for scholarships is up to three years. Will special arrangement be available if I pursue a 4-year degree course, say in USA?+ Read Answer
If I am currently pursuing a study programme outside Hong Kong, am I still eligible to apply for the Fellowship / Scholarship awards?+ Read Answer
Enquiries should be made to the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund Council Secretariat, Room 1217, 12/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon at telephone number 2150 6097 or 2150 6098.