Financial Assistance Schemes for Primary & Secondary Students
Financial Assistance Schemes for Primary & Secondary Students



  • A student-applicant must:
    • be an unmarried Hong Kong Resident;
    • have the right of abode, right to land or valid permission to remain without any condition of stay (other than the limit of stay) in Hong Kong; and
    • attend a school belonging to one of the categories of schools as stipulated in the individual financial assistance schemes.
  • Students holding visitor visas, two-way exit permits, student visas only or who are dependents of student-visa / visitor-visa holders are not eligible to apply for student financial assistance.


  • An applicant must be the parent or guardian (as recognized under Guardianship of Minors Ordinance, Cap 13) of the student-applicant(s). Otherwise, applicants must explain in detail with proof why this cannot be complied with in the application form. Read More
  • Generally speaking, if families currently in receipt of the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) have children studying in primary and secondary schools, they should apply direct to the Social Welfare Department (SWD) for school-related assistance for their children’s examination fees, expenses on textbook and stationery, transport fares, Internet access charges at home, etc. They do not need to submit the “Household Application Form for Student Financial Assistance Schemes” to the SFO.
STEP 2 General Information

Details of Financial Assistance Schemes