- The SFO has issued the family-based “Household Application for Student Financial Assistance Schemes” forms and its Guidance Notes for the 2021/22 school year together with the ”School Certificates” (SCs) and other application documents to kindergartens / child care centres at the commencement of the school year. Parents who wish to apply for fee remission for their children can obtain application forms and relevant documents from the kindergartens/child care centres their children are attending.
- Fresh applications should be made every year, and only one completed application form together with supporting documents should be returned to the SFO directly.
- Applicants must submit the completed SCs to attending schools concerned as soon as possible or not later than 31 August 2021 and schools should then return these SCs to the SFO for further processing.
- Please note that the effective month of fee remission will be the month in which the “Household Application” forms are submitted by the applicants, or the month in which the student-applicants are admitted to the kindergarten/child care centres, whichever is the later.
- If a student-applicant who has applied for fee remission changes school during the school year, he/she should submit Form C (Application Renewal Form for student-applicant who has changed school / resumed class within the same school year) through the new attending school as soon as possible.
- Please note that the effective month of fee remission for changing school will be the month in which Form C are received by the kindergartens/child care centres, or the month in which the student-applicants are admitted to the schools, whichever is the later.
- If the student-applicant has received fee remission for a particular month from the previous kindergarten/child care centre, he/she will not be provided with fee remission for the same month from the new kindergarten/child care centre.