- The SFO assumes that applicants will accept the grant and hostel subsidy (only applicable to eligible undergraduate students), if offered. Unless applicants indicate that you do NOT wish to accept it in writing, the grant / hostel subsidy, if any, will be released to all successful applicants.
- The approved loan is conditional upon your acceptance of the loan by submitting the loan documents (including the “Undertaking”, the “Deed of Indemnity” and the “Student, Indemnifier and Witness Details Input Forms (Form A and Form B)”) and other related documents listed on the “Checklist for Submission of Loan Documents” to the SFO by mail (Address: Counter Service Unit, Student Finance Office, Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency, 11/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices (CSWGOs), 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon) (Note 1) or through SFO’s drop-in boxes (Note 2) on or before the deadline as specified in the notification of result. Documents submitted by fax or email are not acceptable. The full set of loan documents and other related documents (including the “Checklist for Submission of Loan Documents”) can be downloaded at this website.
Note 1: If you submit documents by mail, for proper delivery of the mail items to the SFO and to avoid unnecessary delay in delivery or unsuccessful delivery, please ensure that the mail items bear sufficient postage with return address before mailing. Underpaid mail items are subject to surcharge by the Hongkong Post, and will be returned to the sender (with return address) or disposed of (without return address) by the Hongkong Post.
Note 2: If you submit documents through the drop-in boxes at the SFO, please use the drop-in box inside the Reception Hall on 11/F, CSWGOs (during office hours) or the drop-in box on G/F, CSWGOs (after office hours).
- During the course of vetting / counter-checking / reviewing your application(s) (including this and previous academic year(s)), the SFO will, if necessary, immediately withhold the payment of assistance to you if any irregularity is suspected. When the vetting / counter-checking / reviewing processes have been completed and the suspected irregularity has been rectified / clarified, the SFO will resume payment of assistance, if any, to you.
- You can choose to accept the loan offered either in full or in part. When you complete the undertaking, deed of indemnity and student, indemnifier and witness details input Form A and Form B, you will need to state the amount of loan that you wish to accept for the whole academic year.
- The approved grant, hostel subsidy offered and / or loan accepted will normally be paid in two equal instalments.
- The first instalment of grant will be paid to your bank account within two weeks from the date of issuance of the notification. If you return the completed loan documents and other specified documentary evidence by the specified deadline, the first instalment of the loan will be paid to your bank account within three weeks from the deadline.
- The second instalment of the grant and / or loan will be paid during December 2021 to February 2022. After February 2022, depending on the date of issuance of the notification of result and the date of submission of the completed loan documents and other specified documentary evidence, the financial assistance may be credited to your designated bank account in one single instalment.
- The first instalment of the hostel subsidy will be paid around February 2022, and the second instalment will be paid around July 2022.
- If you have genuine difficulties in nominating a qualified Indemnifier, you can write to the SFO to explain in details the circumstances and apply for relaxation of the requirement. The SFO will consider each case on its own merits.