Notification of Result
apply for the NLSPS only:
- If the information provided is complete, the SFO will normally issue the “Notification of Result of Application for Loan under the Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students” (NLSPS notification of result) to you:
whichever is later.
- within 3 weeks from the date of the SFO’s issue of the “Acknowledgement of Receipt of Application”; or
- before mid-July when the ceilings of life-time loan limit for the current academic year are determined (applicable to continuing students only),
- Processing time of your application will be longer under the following circumstances:
- the information provided is incomplete or discrepancies in the supporting documents provided are found; or
- the information provided requires clarification by your institution or other government departments or organisations. Read More
apply for the FASP only:
- You will be informed of the financial assistance and/or loan you are entitled under the FASP and NLSPS, if any, simultaneously in your FASP notification of result.
- If you wish to accept the NLSPS loan offered, you may submit the relevant documents to the SFO on or before the deadline as stated in your FASP notification of result. Please refer to paragraph “Acceptance of NLSPS loan” below for details.
- If you wish to apply for and be offered with the NLSPS loan earlier, you may consider submitting a separate NLSPS application for processing.
have applied for the FASP and submitted an NLSPS Application Form before your FASP results are known:
- The SFO will not be able to determine the loan amount you may be entitled under the NLSPS until your FASP results are known.
- In this instance, you will be issued a letter asking whether you would wish to obtain the NLSPS loan up to the maximum amount of your tuition fees payable. If you obtain the NLSPS loan under such arrangement, it may be necessary to make adjustments to the loan amount after your FASP results are known. Details of the offsetting arrangements are set out in paragraph 10, Application Guidance Notes (NLSPS/1B).
Acceptance of NLSPS loan
- The offer stated on the NLSPS notification of result or the FASP notification of result is conditional upon your submission of the loan documents (including the “Undertaking”, the “Deed of Indemnity” and the “Student, Indemnifier and Witness Details Input Forms (Form A and Form B)”) and other related supporting documents listed on the “Checklist for Submission of Loan Documents” to the SFO by mail (Address: Counter Service Unit, Student Finance Office, Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency, 11/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices (CSWGOs), 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon) (Note 1) or through SFO’s drop-in boxes (Note 2) on or before the deadline as specified in the notification of result. Loan documents submitted by fax or email are not acceptable. The full set of loan documents and other related documents (including the “Checklist for Submission of Loan Documents”), please refer to Forms & Download.
Note 1: If you submit documents by mail, for proper delivery of the mail items to the SFO and to avoid unnecessary delay in delivery or unsuccessful delivery, please ensure that the mail items bear sufficient postage with return address before mailing. Underpaid mail items are subject to surcharge by the Hongkong Post, and will be returned to the sender (with return address) or disposed of (without return address) by the Hongkong Post.
Note 2: If you submit documents through the drop-in boxes at the SFO, please use the drop-in box inside the Reception Hall on 11/F, CSWGOs (during office hours) or the drop-in box on G/F, CSWGOs (after office hours).
Before you submit your documents for acceptance of the NLSPS loan, please read the Notice of Offer of Loan under the NLSPS and Checklist for Submission of Loan Documents.