Responsibilities of Applicants
(A) Providing true and complete information
- You must complete the application documents fully and truthfully. Any misrepresentation or omission may lead to disqualification from the application and / or full recovery of loan(s) already offered to you, and court proceedings. Read More
- If you have previously applied for any financial assistance schemes for post-secondary studies from the SFO (including TSFS, NLSFT, Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP), Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS), Extended Non-Means-Tested Loan Scheme (ENLS) and Student Travel Subsidy (STS) for Tertiary or Post-secondary Students), your correspondence address under the above mentioned financial assistance schemes will also be updated in accordance with the correspondence address provided in your latest application for financial assistance in the 2022/23 academic year.
- You should check the information printed on the NLSFT notification of result, especially your personal particulars, institution, course of study, tuition fee payable and bank account number. Should there be any discrepancies, you should immediately notify the SFO the amendments required in writing by using Form TSF/C/18A(E) (applicable to change of applicant’s personal particulars) or Form TSF/C/18B (applicable to change of institution / course data), which can be downloaded at the WFSFAA’s website.
- Once your loans have been drawn down, should there be any changes in your study status (such as change in expected graduation date, withdrawal of study, continuing study after completion of the programme which has been granted the loans, etc.), you should immediately notify the SFO by submitting the duly completed “Notification of Study Status” form [SFO297_E], which can be downloaded at the WFSFAA’s website. Timely provision of updated information is important as it may affect the activation date of your loan repayment and interest to be incurred.
(B) Declaration of applicants
- You are required to complete a declaration for your NLSFT application, declaring whether or not you:
- have been declared bankrupt;
- have applied for Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA); or
- aware that legal proceeding(s) has / have been started (or being threatened) against your bankruptcy or for the appointment of a receiver, administrator, administrative receiver, trustee or similar officer over any or all of your assets.
(C) Notifying change of status / personal particulars of applicants
- You should notify the SFO in writing immediately if there is any change of your status or personal information. Read More
(D) Notifying change of study information of applicants
- You must notify the SFO in writing immediately for follow-up action, including but not limited to withholding the payment of the NLSFT loan to your institution when there are changes in your study information.
(E) Notifying change of status of indemnifiers
- You should notify the SFO in writing immediately if there is any change in the status of the indemnifier after he / she signs the Deed of Indemnity (for your accepted loans) by using the Notification of Change of Indemnifier’s Personal Particulars TSFS/IDM/INFO/E, which can be downloaded at the WFSFAA’s website.
Responsibilities of indemnifiers for loans accepted by applicants
- The SFO has the right to administer the payment arrangement and determine the execution of the financial assistance schemes. The indemnifier is required to notify the SFO immediately whenever there are any changes in his / her financial or legal status, or when he / she intends to leave / has left Hong Kong for three months, which procurement of an alternative indemnifier to execute the indemnity will be required. He / she is also required to furnish the SFO with copies of his / her Hong Kong Identity Card.