- To be eligible to apply for FASP in the 2020/21, you:
- need to be a registered full-time student; aged 30 or below (i.e. born on or after 1 September 1989), Read More
- need to be engaged in full-time locally-accredited self-financing post-secondary education programmes at sub-degree (i.e. associate degree or higher diploma) or degree level. Locally-accredited programmes refer to those included in the "Register of Locally-accredited Programmes" recognised by the Secretary for Education. For the 2020/21 academic year, only programmes which have been included in the Register on or before 31 December 2020 will be covered by FASP. Read More
- have not accepted financial assistance under any other publicly-funded student finance assistance scheme [e.g. the Continuing Education Fund (CEF)] for the programme / course covered by the application in the same academic year; and
- Have the right of abode in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Hong Kong) or have resided or have had your home in Hong Kong continuously for three complete years prior to the commencement of the course*.
(Remarks: This does not cover students holding –
* Applicants without the right of abode in Hong Kong (without the alphabet "A" beneath the Date of Birth field of the Hong Kong Identity Card) should also provide a copy of their entry permits to Hong Kong, e.g. one-way permit/dependant visa, etc., with their applications.
- student visas/entry permits;
- visas /entry permits under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates; or
- dependant visas/entry permits which were issued to them by the Director of Immigration when they were 18 years old or above.)
- Your eligibility is restricted to only one eligible full-time course in any one academic year. Read More
- If you are eligible to apply for assistance under FASP in the 2020/21 academic year, you may also eligible to apply for the loan under the Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS). If you attend face to face teaching programmes, you may also apply for subsidy under the Student Travel Subsidy (STS) Scheme.
- For students taking distance-learning programmes at the Open University of Hong Kong (OUHK), please also refer to the Supplementary Guidance Notes for FASP/NLSPS for Students Taking Distance-learning Programmes for the eligibility criteria and application procedures under FASP.
- Students pursuing distance-learning programme are not eligible to apply for the STS Scheme.