- The SFO will accord priority to those applications with complete information upon submission. Should the SFO request supplementary information to help process your application, please adhere to the deadline set. Otherwise, the processing of your application and disbursement of financial assistance may be delayed.
- A Workflow of Application Processing highlights the following major procedures of application processing:
1. Submission of Applications
2. Submission of Declaration and Supporting Documents
- Applicants should submit the duly signed declaration (for paper signing) with photocopies of supporting documents (e.g. copies of income proof and bank accounts showing all transactions in previous financial year, etc.) within seven days from submission of online application form and follow the submission procedures and deadlines.
- Interviews may be arranged for you and your father or mother. You and your father or mother will be required to declare that the application information is true and complete. Please bring all the required documents to the interview when SFO staff may seek clarifications / additional information. Read More
4. Notification of Result
- In general, if the information you provided is complete, you will be notified of the FASP result within two months from the date of the SFO's acknowledging receipt of your application. However, the processing time will vary, depending on the particular circumstances of individual applications. The SFO will issue the first batch of notifications of result around mid-July 2018. Read More
- Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS) and FASP
- You will be informed of the financial assistance you are entitled under the FASP and NLSPS, if any, simultaneously in your FASP notification of result even though you have only applied for the FASP. If you wish to apply for and be offered with the NLSPS loan earlier, you may consider submitting an NLSPS application separately. Please refer to the NLSPS Guidance Notes.