Agricultural Products Scholarship Fund and Marine Fish Scholarship Fund - Tertiary Education Awards
History and Aim
The Funds have been established since 1978 and aim to provide financial assistance for the education and training of:
- persons employed in the agriculture and agricultural products marketing industries / marine fisheries and fish marketing industries in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Hong Kong), and their families and dependants; or
- persons who wish to enter the industries mentioned in (i) above in Hong Kong.
- Applicants should have right of abode in Hong Kong, or have resided legally in Hong Kong continuously for three completed years immediately prior to the commencement of their courses.
- Applicants should study recognised degree or sub-degree courses on full-time basis at the following institutions - institutions recognised under the <Tertiary Student Finance Scheme - Publicly-funded Programmes> and <Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students> of the Student Finance Office; or recognised overseas institutions. Applications from students pursuing or going to pursue a second bachelor's degree, research or post-graduate programme will not be considered.
- Applicants should fulfill one of the following requirements - persons who are employed in agriculture / agricultural products marketing industry / marine fisheries / marine fish marketing industry in Hong Kong, or their families and dependants who wish to pursue further education or training in any subject approved by the Trustee of the Funds; or persons who wish to enter agriculture / agricultural products marketing industry / marine fisheries / marine fish marketing industry in Hong Kong and they should study courses approved by the Trustee of the Fund.
- Students studying in Hong Kong or abroad may apply for scholarship and / or grant.
Method of Application
During the Application Period, application forms are obtainable from:
- Reception Counter of the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department Headquarters at 5/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon;
- Agricultural Extension Office of the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department;
- Vegetable Marketing Organization's general office;
- Fisheries Liaison Offices at the wholesale fish markets / fish depot under the Fish Marketing Organization; and
- the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department's homepage
|Commencement Date||: 19 June 2018|
|Deadline of Application||: 7 September 2018|
Details of awards are laid down in Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department's website during the application period. Enquiries can be made to the Secretary, Agricultural Products Scholarship Fund and Marine Fish Scholarship Fund Advisory Committee at telephone number 2150 6698 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org..