- Interest-free Deferral of Student Loan Repayment
The Finance Committee of the Legislative Council has approved an interest-free deferral of student loan repayment for a period of two years. Please click here to learn more.
- You are required to repay fully your loan, which shall normally commence on 1 December of the year of your graduation or when the course has officially ended, until it is repaid in full. The first instalment of loan repayment will normally fall due on 1 January or 1 July of the following year of your graduation.
- The loan borrowed and the interest accrued thereon are repayable in 15 years (‘Repayment Period’) by 180 equal monthly instalments, or in a shorter Repayment Period by equal monthly instalments as agreed by the SFO. Whereas if as determined appropriate by the SFO, the loan borrowed and the interest accrued thereon are repayable within the Repayment Period by equal quarterly instalments.
- To request for early lump sum / partial repayment or restructuring repayment period of the loan, you may either come in-person or appoint your representative with your signed authorisation letter to the SFO during office hours or send in your early lump sum / partial repayment or restructuring repayment period request in writing by post, fax, e-mail or via the “SFO E-link” (applicable for early lump sum / partial repayment only). Read More ;
- All applications for early lump sum / partial repayment or restructuring repayment period must be made in-person or submitted in writing. No verbal request would be entertained.
- In case of any breach of... Read More