Kindergarten & Child Care Centre Fee Remission Scheme (KCFRS) & Grant for School-related Expenses for Kindergarten Students (Grant-KG)

2802 2345


The Student Finance Office administers two financial assistance schemes for needy pre-primary students, including the Kindergarten and Child Care Centre Fee Remission Scheme (KCFRS) and the Grant for School-related Expenses for Kindergarten (Grant-KG). Please click here for details of the schemes.


  • A student-applicant must:

    1. be an unmarried Hong Kong Resident;

    2. have the right of abode, right to land or valid permission to remain without any condition of stay (other than the limit of stay) in Hong Kong, and should provide copy of relevant supporting document; and

    3. attend a school belonging to one of the categories of schools as stipulated in the individual financial assistance schemes.

  • Students holding visitor visas, two-way exit permits, student visas only or who are dependents of student-visa / visitor-visa holders are not eligible.

  • An applicant must be the parent or guardian (as recognized under Guardianship of Minors Ordinance, Cap 13) of the student-applicant(s). Otherwise, applicants must explain in detail with proof why this cannot be complied with in the application form.

  • Applicants with children receiving whole-day child care services (i.e. groups aged 0 to 2 and 2 to 3) must pass the means test and the “social needs" test within the same assessment period in order to qualify themselves for the fee remission. For details, please refer to the “Social Needs” Assessment Form for Kindergarten and Child Care Centre Fee Remission (SFO 235A) (only applicable to whole-day fee remission application from children aged between 0 and 3 attending child care centres or kindergarten-cum-child care centres).

  • Generally speaking, if families currently in receipt of the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) have children studying in kindergartens or child care centres, they should apply direct to the SWD for school-related assistance for their children, and they do not need to apply to the Student Finance Office.